Friday, March 16, 2012

Bridesmaid Dress into a Luxurious Baby Blanket

A world traveling girlfriend of mine departed again to travel the west coast, working on a cruise line...so exciting!!

 As she was packing to leave she found her old bridesmaid dresses 
and a few other items that she wouldn't be taking with her.
She had kept them because they had meant something to her, but she knew she wouldn't be wearing them on the ship either...hahahahaha!!
She also didn't want to just give them away...
and she then she thought of me ♥  

She KNEW I could do something with some of them 
and whatever I couldn't use I would just donate myself...
or make into something.

At first, I wasn't sure what I would do with any of the dresses, 
so they sat on a shelf in the bag for two months.

Until, I was invited to join in the little red barn sale in Norcross April 28th & 29th, 
by my sister.

I wanted to have items that represented me and my talents.


I am MOST passionate about special requests, 
and especially making baby blankets. 
Just knowing that a sweet little baby will have their first moments pushing themselves up on top of the blanket,  
or cozying up and going to sleep beneath it, is so priceless ♥ 

So,  I decided to make the most luxurious baby blanket I have ever made out of these two dresses...







I will be heading  to JoAnn Fabrics to get some flannel for the back and batting for the inside...
I am thinking a white flannel will be perfect!!!


Please let me know if you are interested in having your old bridesmaid dresses 
or prom dresses made into something special for you 
or for someone special to you ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails