Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake

This is the most perfect chocolate cake I have EVER had!!!  My dear friend recommended this recipe to me and I have not used another since ☺ I usually make the frosting as well,  but sometimes my husband requests a bundt cake...like today...
I must admit, every time I make a bundt I recall the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding!  
If you have not seen it, it's hilarious!!!

 If you are a chocolate cake fan, like me, I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up some Hershey's Cocoa and follow this recipe,  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!!

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake
2 cups Sugar
1-3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 Eggs
1 cup Milk
1/2 vegetable oil *
      *I use extra light tasting extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 cup Boiling Water

1. Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9 inch round baking pans. 2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pans.
 3.Bake 30-35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes; Remove from pans to wire racks.  Cool completely.

Frost with "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting* (not pictured here)

*"Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting
 1 Stick (1/2 cup) Butter
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
3 cups Powdered Sugar
1/3 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

1. Melt Butter. Stir in Cocoa. 2. Alternately add Powdered Sugar and Milk, beating on Medium speed to spreading consistency. Add more milk, if needed. Stir in Vanilla. Makes about 2 cups.

Recipe from~ Hershey's Cocoa Container, more at http://www.hersheyskitchens.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails